Love the cat, by Browning Porter, as is this
Church of the Lord Jesus Christ of the Apostolic Faith, 305 Washington St, Williamston, NC 27892, Route 125, NC
The Church of the Lord Jesus Christ of the Apostolic Faith (or CLJC) is a Christian based church organization with its headquarters located in Philadelphia, PA. Founded in 1933 by the late Bishop Sherrod C. Johnson, the church grew into a network of church locations steming from New England to Florida and as far west as California. After Johnson’s death in early 1961, the movement continued to flourish under the ministry of the late Bishop S. McDowell Shelton, gaining international recognition while continuing to maintain a solid base in the United States.The current leader is Bishop Dr. Kenneth N. Shelton (a/k/a Bishop Omega Shelton).–Wikipedia
Wear a hat. Years are cumulative.
fenestration and lack thereof. Good place for a mural.
PURPOSE AND CHARGE
There is hereby created the Placemaking, Livability and Community Engagement (PLACE) Design Task Force (PDTF) to act as an advisory body to the Planning Commission and City Council charged with the following:
1. Reviewing and advising on the urban design aspects of development projects on publicly owned or financed land and developing design criteria for such projects.
2. Reviewing and advising on the design of city capital projects and changes to existing public facilities.
3. Reviewing and advising on proposals for public art.
4. Reviewing the status, adequacy and appropriateness of current landscape and streetscape standards city-wide and recommending improvements.
5. Reviewing existing urban design guidelines and their implementation and identifying and recommending new or additional city-wide best practices for urban design guidelines and their implementation as required.
6. Reviewing special projects as requested by City Council or the Planning Commission.
7. Identifying the obstacles and recommending incentives for the redevelopment of our growth corridors while still fostering good urban design and placemaking.
8. Identifying best practices in master and small area planning, public space design inclusive of street and corridor standards and their implementation and city-wide public engagement processes.– March 5, 2012 Charlottesville City Council
Pictured above, Charlottesville monument to the 1st amendment, the freedom o’ speech wall (FOS).
I do not understand why the designers of this monument decided to use rough slate for a surface. The surface is terrible for any kind of work- text or illustration. The surface excels at grinding down pieces of chalk really quick, it is a gigantic stone hasp, it defeats rather than enables communication.
This the peaceable kingdom. The multitude walking with a two ounce pour.