fenestration and lack thereof. Good place for a mural.
PURPOSE AND CHARGE
There is hereby created the Placemaking, Livability and Community Engagement (PLACE) Design Task Force (PDTF) to act as an advisory body to the Planning Commission and City Council charged with the following:
1. Reviewing and advising on the urban design aspects of development projects on publicly owned or financed land and developing design criteria for such projects.
2. Reviewing and advising on the design of city capital projects and changes to existing public facilities.
3. Reviewing and advising on proposals for public art.
4. Reviewing the status, adequacy and appropriateness of current landscape and streetscape standards city-wide and recommending improvements.
5. Reviewing existing urban design guidelines and their implementation and identifying and recommending new or additional city-wide best practices for urban design guidelines and their implementation as required.
6. Reviewing special projects as requested by City Council or the Planning Commission.
7. Identifying the obstacles and recommending incentives for the redevelopment of our growth corridors while still fostering good urban design and placemaking.
8. Identifying best practices in master and small area planning, public space design inclusive of street and corridor standards and their implementation and city-wide public engagement processes.– March 5, 2012 Charlottesville City Council