adolescent whistle pig
lost his/her home and family. Small comfort that it was to density and not the Rodenator
My brother Sam is under the knife today, reconstructive surgery on a busted up foot. Getting old takes a lot of strength and grace.
On the way to Dividing Creek we pass this store. Old style. Organic. Presumably grew in response to the needs of the local population and the owners. Forty years ago “country stores” were prevalent, nowadays there is the WalMart.
I’ve been snapping a Thanksgiving picture for years. There were twenty people in the photo today but only seven repeats from twenty years ago. Whither the absent?
They are covered up, moved on, elsewhere, otherwise engaged and alone. For better and for worse.
The missing are all missed.
It’s an off off year.
There are 2098 registered voters in the reconfigured Venable precinct. One-hundred and thirty-one of them showed to vote.
Visiting the polling place was like visiting a museum after hours.
If we had a referendum on the legality of party-porches, open containers and free BMW’s, traffic would pick up.
The University of Virginia makes little effort to house its students. And so, you end up with a precinct of students that don’t vote and a neighborhood that has largely abandoned civic participation.
— Virginia State Board of Elections unofficial results
Route 29 & Hydraulic Road, Charlottesville, Virginia
• 2,000,000 square feet
• A mixed-use development located in award-winning Charlottesville, Virginia – the “Napa of the East Coast”
• An elegant mix of Main Street retail, residential living, Class A office, and boutique hotel
• Located at the intersection of Hydraulic Road and Route 29 – the major retail corridor of Charlottesville
• 61,000 CPD pass the site on Route 29/Seminole Trail
• 2 million tourists visit the area each year – wineries, golf, Monticello and UVA are the highlights.–The Shops at Stonefield, Edens & Avant
During WWII, before my father deployed, my parents moved all over the US. Today, my mom is changing address again, 2nd time in 7 months. She rangers on, I long for the stability of the homes she created.
Walked the trail around the lower Ragged Mountain reservoir yesterday.
Some signs of geotechnical activity.
House to be submerged?
Momentarily changing hats. Photographer to car salesman. The short story? This car was garaged, owned and maintained with care. Low mileage (26,000). Additional photos and information available.