Window in a stairwell of the Charlottesville Woolen Mills 4 storey building
Waddell Memorial Presbyterian Church, 7133 Rapidan Road, Rapidan, Virginia
Carpenter Gothic, built in 1874, in the Rapidan National Historic District
“…built as an addition to a small mid-nineteenth century frame house on Riverdale Drive
in Charlottesville for Minnie M. Barnes in 1912. The addition features rock-faced concrete
block quoins, a concrete block foundation and a tetrastyle portico without
capitals or bases.”- K. Edward Lay
For over a century this house sat on a bluff of the Rivanna, facing east toward
the Free Bridge. It has been torn down in the last few days. What next for this
lot at the eastern entrance of Charlottesville? A drug store?
Entrance corridor. Welcome to beautiful Charlottesville. This the former Riverdale site.
Powered by WordPress