Most navigation on this site is accomplished by clicking on pictures. As far as organization goes, the photos are grouped in narrative strings with pesky words below them. Ideally, you'd look at a page, then click on the photo above the text to move to the next page..
Web visitors can be hyperactive. They don't want to explore a site when exploration requires hand movement.
For those people, may I recommend a Google Image Search of this site?
Google has indexed 826 photos.
Organization... alphabetical index.
- An Ancient Review, kind words by writer Amy Lemley. 4 photos. January 1995
- Appalachian Trail: 40 photos from a hike. March 2003
- April: A dog story. Hosted by City of Dogs. 16 photos. Published in the Sun, August 1999
- Bio: I never heard my parents argue. Unprepared was I?
- Blog: photo per day, most days. Subscribe.
- Busted: Secret Service destroys my photo of the White House
- Comments: write one and I will post.
- Contact:webmaster email address
- Cows: takes you to David Sapir's website Fixing Shadows, 24 pictures from Rosni Farm, Madison County, Virginia 1976.
- Doing Your Job: Work meditation. It's hard getting paid. March 2005.
- December 10, 1999 The day I ran over my dog.The nature of miracles, Y2K. 26 photos.
- Ephemera: evolving content. Updated 3/28/05.*
- Fever of Unknown Origin: A human infant or a puppy? The prerequisites. 26 photos. March 2001
- Links: Black and white photography links and useful references.
- Moving a house. Second Law of Thermodynamics. 23 photos. October 1999
- NYC: September 1999. The country-mouse goes to NYC. 13 photos
- Palmetto State: Race, religion and presidential politics. May 2004
- Photo Prayer. An illustrated blessing.18 photos. November 1977
- Sisters: 21 photos of twins Emma and Helen. May 1999
- Dog Trick: Sophie balances a biscuit
- Thanksgiving: November 1999. Families, homes, ties that bind. 16 photos
- The Big Stinky, Mother of All Outhouses
- The Painted Word. Portions of Tom Wolfe's 1975 essay. Posted with permission of the author
- Time. First update following 9/11/2001. 38 photos. March 2003
- This Is The Life Essay by Annie Dillard. Posted with permission of the author.
- Truck v House. My neighbor's house is hit by a truck. Accident waiting to happen.
- Wedding. Stephanie Gross & Chuck Danley. 23 photos. October 1999.
- Woolen Mills Road, my neighborhood. February 2005